Need a simple side for dinner or an easy-to-make 4th of July BBQ dish? Look no further!
This particular dish was based off of Ina Garten’s Rosemary Roasted Potatoes recipe but lacking rosemary, I had to make due with some thyme that I had at home. Prep took an entire 10-15 minutes but you’ll have to wait a good 45-60 minutes (the original Ina Garten recipe says 30 minutes but my baby yukon potatoes were still crunchy on the inside so I kept them in for another 15-30 mins).
Roasted Thyme Potatoes (the recipe is easily doubled, or tripled)
- 1.5 lbs of baby yukon potatoes
- 3-4 tbsps of olive oil (and more if needed for basting)
- 2 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of pepper
- 1/2 tbsp of chopped thyme
What to do:
- Give the baby yukon potatoes a good wash and trim off the ends of the potatoes.
- Preheat the oven to 425F/215C degrees.
- Next, taking a (paring) knife and holding the potato length-wise, cut from top to bottom within 1/4 inch of the bottom taking care to space out the slices approx. 1/8 inch apart.
- Setting the potatoes aside, mix all the other ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Before setting the potatoes in the baking dish, roll them individually in the small bowl of olive oil/thyme/salt + pepper. Line the potatoes up so the sliced side is facing upwards – as pictured above.
- Pop the dish into the oven and set a timer for 30 mins; it took nearly 60 mins for mine to be done but it might’ve just been a glitch in my oven (I think I also had chicken in the oven at the same time for a short period).
- Remove from oven, and enjoy! (we ate ours with a side of Kensington’s ketchup)